Bowdoin topped Colby 3-1 Friday night in Watson Arena for the 199th matchup of the storied ice hockey rivalry. The Polar Bears and White Mules meet again tonight in Alfond Rink for number 200. It’s the longest-running rivalry in Division III hockey, and recognized as one of the best in all of college hockey. The New York Times “Slap Shot” blog featured the rivalry in advance of Friday’s puck drop.
Tonight’s historic action will be webcast live from Waterville at 7:00 PM.
Rivalry Quick Facts:
- First game was in 1922 (a 2-1 Colby win)
- Bowdoin leads series 104-87-8
- Since moving indoors (Dayton Arena) in 1959, Bowdoin is 42-14-3 at home in Brunswick against the Mules.
- Bowdoin was 8-6-1 against Colby in ECAC Tournament play (pre-2000)
- Bowdoin is 2-0 against Colby in NESCAC Tournament play (post-2000)